Government Building A Strong India Following The Mantra Of ‘Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas, Sabka Vishwas, Aur Sabka Prayas’ » Bhajpa Ki Baat
ADDRESS BY PRESIDENT OF INDIA TO THE PARLIAMENT
The Budget session of Parliament 2022 commenced with the address of the President of India Shri Ram Nath Kovind on January 31, 2022. In his address, the President focused on various initiatives undertaken by Modi Govt. for the economic growth of the country and the welfare of the common people in spite of the prevailing pandemic situation. Highlights of the speech:
• We are in the third year of the pandemic caused by Corona-virus. In these years, people of India have displayed profound faith in the democratic values, discipline and sense of responsibility. At a time, when India is celebrating the Amrit Mahotsav on the occasion of 75th year of its independence, this willpower of every Indian creates immense confidence for India’s bright future.
• My government is moving fast on building a strong foundation for the next 25 years following the mantra of ‘Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas, Sabka Vishwas, Aur Sabka Prayas’.
• In the fight against Covid-19 we have surpassed the record of administering more than 150 crore vaccine doses in less than a year. Today, we are among the leading countries in the world with the highest vaccine doses administered.
• The launch of Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Health Infrastructure Mission with an outlay of Rupees 64,000 crore is a commendable example.
• My government is providing free ration to each poor household every month under the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana. This is the world’s largest food distribution program with an outlay of Rupees two lakh sixty thousand crore reaching out to 80 crore beneficiaries for 19 months.
• More than two crore pucca houses have been provided to the poor under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana as a result of the efforts made in the last few years. Under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Gramin, 1 crore 17 lakh houses have been approved at a cost of about Rupees one and a half lakh crore in the last three years.
• Launched with the aim of ‘Har Ghar Jal’, the Jal Jeevan Mission has brought about a huge difference in the lives of the people. Nearly six crore rural households have been provided tap water connection despite the constraints imposed by pandemic.
• My government is working continuously to empower the farmers and the rural economy of the country. Despite the pandemic, our farmers produced more than 30 crore tonnes of food grains and 33 crore tonnes of horticulture produce in 2020-21.
• Women’s empowerment is one of the top priorities of my government.
• My government is implementing a new National Education Policy across the country to give shape to the resolve and potential of Atmanirbhar Bharat.
• Since 2016, sixty thousand new start-ups have been established in 56 different sectors in our country. More than six lakh jobs have been created by these start-ups.
• My government has integrated different ministries to work in a synergised manner under the Pradhan Mantri Gatishakti National Master Plan to accelerate infrastructure development.
• Today, the national highways too are connecting the length and breadth of the country from east to west and north to south.
• In recent times, we have witnessed a new resolve of Atmanirbhar Bharat taking shape in the country.
• Climate change is a major challenge confronting the whole world at present. India has emerged as a responsible global voice on the subject.
• My government is committed to sustainable development of all the states of the North East. In these states, basic amenities and economic opportunities are being developed at every leel.
(News Source -Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by Bhajpa Ki Baat staff and is published from a Bhajpa Ki Baat feed.)