‘Modi Government Has Taken Historic Initiatives For Development Of Tribal Community’ » Bhajpa Ki Baat
BJP National President’s Tripura Pravas
BJP National President Shri Jagat Prakash Nadda on a two-day Pravas reached Agartala on
28 August 2022, where he was accorded a grand welcome by the party leaders and Karyakartas. Chief Minister of Tripura Shri Manik Saha, Deputy CM Shri Jishnu Dev Varma, BJP State President Shri Rajib Bhattacharjee, and Ministers in the state government, senior BJP leaders and thousands of Karyakartas welcomed Shri Nadda at the airport. With state BJP leaders, local Booth Presidents and Booth karyakartas Shri JP Nadda also attended Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s ‘Mann Ki Baat’ listening programme at the Airport. During his Pravas, Shri Nadda chaired a meeting with State BJP Office Bearers, State Morcha Presidents, BJP Janajati MLAs and MDCs in Agartala. On the next day, the BJP National President addressed a Press Conference at BJP Party Office in Udaipur and addressed the ‘Janjatiya Janasabha’ at Khwumlung in Tripura.
‘Janjatiya Janasabha’ at Khwumlung
Addressing the ‘Janjatiya Janasabha’, BJP National President Shri Jagat Prakash Nadda said if anyone has truly recognised the problems and issues of our Tribal society and seriously addressed their issues related to water, forests, land rights, health and education, their Tribal culture and traditions, it is only and only Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi. The second name of Tribal welfare and the development and progress of our Tribal society is the Bharatiya Janata Party, and the torch bearer of this revolution and massive change is PM Shri Narendra Modi.
Shri Nadda said Tripura was once ruled by the Congress party and Communist governments which promoted terrorism, corruption and created havoc on the people of the state. Now there is double engine government of BJP which is working very hard for the welfare and development of the people. Today, this change is clearly visible in Tripura.
The BJP National President said after 75 years of independence, the BJP government under the dynamic leadership of PM Shri Narendra Modi is the only government, which has taken historic initiatives for the empowerment and all round development of the Tribal community. He said:
• For the first time, a woman from the Tribal society, Smt. Draupadi Murmu ji, occupies India’s highest Constitutional position as its President. It is a matter of great honour not just for the Tribal communities but for every Indian.
• For the first time in the history of India PM Shri Modi inducted eight members of Tribal society in the Union Cabinet. There are five members from the Tribal society who are Ministers in the BJP government in Tripura.
• 75 years after our Independence the ‘National Institute for Tribals’ has been established.
• No one seriously cared and honoured our great Tribal leaders but Modi ji decided to celebrate November 15 as ‘Janjatiya Gaurav Diwas’ in the honour and memory of renowned Tribal freedom fighter Bhagwan Birsa Munda.
• After 64 years the Union government has greatly reduced the use of the Armed Forces Special Power Act and has restored the rights of our Tribal brothers and sisters and the life and dignity of our Tribal society has been restored.
• The Modi Government has increased the budget for education of Tribal students from Rs 11,000 crores to Rs 42,000 crores.
• For the scholarships of Tribal students the Narendra Modi Government is spending Rs 2500 crores. Similarly, the budget for Tribal sub-plan has also been increased from Rs 21,000 crores to Rs 86,000 crores.
• Under the Jal Jivan Mission, the Modi Government is providing water to households to over 1.20 crore Tribal families across the country.
• Likewise, under the ‘Ayushman Bharat Yojna’ free medical insurance facility and health coverage is being provided to 1.70 crore Tribal families.
• The benefits of ‘Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojna’ is being provided to around three crore farmers belonging to the Tribal communities.
Shri JP Nadda said this is the level of commitment and dedication for our Tribal communities of the Narendra Modi Government.
TRIPURA WILL BLESS US AGAIN WITH TWO-THIRD MAJORITY’
Addressing a press conference on the second day of Pravas, the BJP National President said the people of Tripura will again bless us and give two-third majority in the state assembly and the BJP will once again form the Government in Tripura.
Earlier, the entire North-East used to suffer due to terrorism, infiltration, bandh and protests, economic blockades, drug trafficking, corruption and caste based tensions. But now the entire region has changed and transformed as PM Shri Modi has made this region a hub of development.
Shri Nadda said landless workers of tea gardens are being given land rights and ownership of land by the BJP government in Tripura which is a historic step. In Tripura strong foundations have been laid for truce and peace in the state due to agreements with NLFT and Bru-Reang and a settlement has been reached with the agreement of all the sections. He said the double engine government will take Tripura to the newer and greater heights of growth and development.
(News Source -Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by Bhajpa Ki Baat staff and is published from a Bhajpa Ki Baat feed.)