Press Statement issued by BJP National President, Shri Jagat Prakash Nadda on Union Budget 2023-24
- The first General Budget of India’s Amrit Kaal is a public welfare and pro poor Budget. It is Budget that will empower and uplift the lives of villagers, rural folks, Dalits, tribals, farmers, backward and oppressed classes, differently abled people and those who are economically backward. It is a blueprint for India’s rapid growth and development which will ensure holistic progress of the country particularly rural development, agriculture development, labourers’ welfare, infrastructure development, digital infrastructure development, and development of Northeast and hilly regions of our country.
- This General Budget under the leadership and guidance of our Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji is the Budget that will promote social justice, equality and provide equal opportunities to all sections of our society. This is a budget with emphasis on education of children, earning of the middle class and welfare of the elderly.
- On behalf of the people of the country and crores of the Bharatiya Janata Party workers, I thank and congratulate our Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji and Union Finance Minister Smt Nirmala Sitharaman and her entire team for giving a Budget which touches the lives of every Indian, which takes care of welfare of all sections of our society.
- Economic agenda for our vision focuses on facilitating opportunities for citizens, providing strong impetus to growth and job creation and strengthening macroeconomic stability This Budget lists 7 priorities – the Saptrishi — which are holistic and inclusive development, last mile delivery, development of basic infrastructure and investment, harness capabilities, green development, youth development and financial consolidation.
- In this Budget, our Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji has taken a historical step which is a big gift to the salaried class in the country. Now the salaried class will not have to give tax on income up to Rs 7 lakhs. Also, the tax slab has been reduced to Rs 5 lakhs. I thank our Hon’ble Prime Minister for taking this important decision for the middle class and salaried class.
- The decision of the Narendra Modi Government to start the PMPGTB development mission to ensure growth and development of the backward and tribal groups shows our government’s seriousness and commitment towards the development of Tribal communities. A corpus of Rs 15,000 crores have been instituted to give basic facilities in PBTG colonies.
- The step to establish the National Digital Library for youth and children is a welcome step. In the next 3 years in 740 Eklavya Model schools 38,800 teachers and support staff will be appointed. I welcome this step.
- I also thank the Narendra Modi Government for its deep focus towards development and growth of dairy, animal husbandry and fisheries sectors for which the target of providing loans has been increased to Rs 20 lakh crores. In the next three years over 1 crore farmers will be helped in natural farming. For this 10,000 bio input resource centres will be set up. All these are major initiatives that will spur growth and development of our agriculture sector.
- To give wings to the aspirations and dreams of our youths the PM Kaushal Vikas Yojna 4.0 has introduced ammo which is a welcome step. Under this scheme 40 Skill India Centres will be opened across the country which will sharpen skills of our youths and open new opportunities for them.
- I also welcome the decision of the Narendra Modi Government to launch the Mahila Samman Vikas Patra. It will give women 7.5% interest on the savings of Rs 2 lakhs per year. Similarly the limit of keeping money in savings accounts for senior citizens has also been increased from Rs 4.5 lakhs to Rs 9 lakhs which is also highly appreciated. Also, the limit of Senior Citizen Savings Scheme has also been increased from Rs 15 lakh to Rs 30 lakh. These schemes will prove to be major milestones towards the welfare of India’s women and senior citizens.
- One of the major focuses of the General Budget 2023-24 is ‘Green Growth’. The Narendra Modi Government has allocated Rs 19,700 crore for the National Hydrogen Mission. The Bharatiya Janata Party government has kept the target of producing 50 lakh tonnes of green hydrogen by 2030. Similarly Rs 35000 crores fund has been given for energy transition. All these steps are in the right direction towards achieving our goal of “Green Environment”.
- The General Budget has allocated Rs 2.40 lakh crore for the development and modernisation of the Indian railways, this allocation is 9 times more than the Congress led UPA government allocation of 2013-14. Similarly, the investment expenditure has been increased by 33% to touch Rs 10 lakh crores which will boost infrastructure development across the country. Interest free loans given to states have also been extended by 1 year and its corpus has also been hiked to Rs 1.30 lakh crores.
- In the General Budget the corpus for the PM Awas Yojana has also been increased to Rs 69,000 crores. This shows the sensitivity of our Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji towards the poor and needy people.
- Despite the Corona pandemic and the ongoing war between Russia and Ukraine, India’s budget size has risen to Rs 45 lakh crores which clearly reflects the fast growing economy of our country.
- 157 new nursing colleges will be established in core locations. A mission to eliminate sickle cell Anaemia by 2047 will be launched entailing awareness creation & universal screening of 7 cr. people in affected tribal areas. 50 additional airports, helipods, water aerodromes and advanced landing grounds to be revived for improving regional air connectivity.
- MSME sector will be given credit guarantee worth Rs 9,000 crores. This will allow them Rs 2 lakh crores worth of extra collateral free credit. It will strengthen the domestic economy and create new employment opportunities.
- In a nutshell, this General Budget envisages India’s growth and development 100 years post-Independence. It outlines the roadmap for growth, development and progress of all sections of our country particularly farmers, women, middle class and businesses. The Indian economy is on the right track and is moving towards a bright future. I once again thank and congratulate our Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji and the Union Finance Minister Smt Nirmala Sitharaman ji for this public and social welfare -oriented Budget.
Leave a Comment