Congress party always cheated the electorate of our country: Amit Shah » Kamal Sandesh
Hon’ble Home & Cooperation Minister Shri Amit Shah addressed Amrit Mahotsav & Launched of Ujjwala 2.0 in Jabalpur (MP), here are the key points of his speech:
- Our Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji is marching on the path of making India a strong and self-reliant country with the aim of bringing smiles on the faces of every poor, giving employment to every youth, to teach every illiterate and to feed every hungry person.
- It is very unfortunate that previous governments did the crime of forgetting and not recognising the contributions and sacrifices of freedom fighters belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes, big public figures and those who laid down their lives for the country. The supreme sacrifices which the people from Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes people gave for attaining freedom for our country no one gave so much of sacrifices.
- Our Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji decided to organise the Azadi Ke Amrit Mahotsav in honour and remembrance of those freedom fighters who were not given due recognition and their contributions were forgotten. All the unknown freedom fighters will be given their due and their supreme sacrifices will be remembered. Programmes will be held so that future generations will continue to remember them.
- For the past 70 years since Independence the Congress party fooled poor people and grabbed their votes but did nothing to eradicate poverty or help poor people. The Congress party’s slogan of ‘ Garibi Hatao’ was just lip service and there was no change in the poverty situation in the country. The Congress party always cheated the electorate of our country.
- Our Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji made such policies and programmes that uplifted the lives of all sections of the society including poor, villagers, backward classes, Dalits, Scheduled Tribes, farmers, women, youth and oppressed classes. The mantra of the Bharatiya Janata Party government in
- Madhya Pradesh under the Chief Minister Shri Shivraj Singh Chauhan is upliftment, welfare and prosperity of the poor.
- For a brief period the Congress party government came to power in Madhya Pradesh which was good in a way that it exposed the real intentions of the Congress party and its leaders and people compared for themselves the difference between the Bharatiya Janata Party government and the Congress party government.
- Immediately after assuming power in Madhya Pradesh, the Congress government stopped all the 17 people centric and social welfare schemes which were being run by the Bharatiya Janata Party government in the state. After becoming the Chief Minister Shri Shivraj Singh Chauhan ji once again started these schemes for the poor and all sections of the society. All these highlight the priorities and thought process of the Bharatiya Janata Party and the Congress party!
- When the country was fighting the Corona pandemic, our Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji ensured that not a single poor should face hunger for which he started free foodgrain distribution which benefited over 80 crore poor and needy people across the country. The Narendra Modi government is still providing foodgrain to poor families in all the states. Our Honourable Prime Minister has shown the world what real work for poor people is and how fruits of development and progress reach all sections of the society.
- In 2013-14, the annual budget for the Scheduled Tribes community was just Rs 4200 crores while the Narendra Modi government increased it to Rs.7900 crores in 2021-22. For tribal development, the Narendra Modi government raised the budget in various departments from Rs.21,500 crores to Rs.78,900 crores.
- Earlier the ST coverage was in 24 ministries which was increased to 41 ministries by the Narendra Modi government. For the welfare of Tribal students Eklavya Residential Model Schools are being opened in Tribal dominated blocks across the country.
- During the Congress party government only 10 forest producers were covered under the Minimum Support Price (MSP) in just 9 states. But the Narendra Modi government has covered 49 forest products under the MSP regime covering all the states across the country which benefited the Tribal and poor people.
- A certain amount of the District Mineral Fund is now being spent for the welfare of Tribal development through District Collectors across the country. In the past 5 years the Narendra Modi government has spent over Rs 51000 crore for tribal development in the country which has improved the life of the Scheduled Tribes communities.
- This time over 30 lakh Scheduled Tribes students have benefited from the scholarships schemes and scholarships have also been hiked. I want to assure that the Bharatiya Janata Party government will never shy away from its responsibility and will do everything to ensure welfare and wellbeing of the Tribal communities and improve their lives.
- I want to request you and alert you that some vested interests were trying to create division among the Scheduled Tribes communities, please do not let these conspiracies succeed. We all are one and will always work together to make India strong and ensure all-round development of all communities.
- Under the Ujjawala Yojna 2.0 in Madhya Pradesh, 17 lakh new gas connections will be given in which nearly 5 lakh women were given the connections today.
(News Source -Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by Bhajpa Ki Baat staff and is published from a www.kamalsandesh.org feed.)